Senior Financial Stability Analyst
- available on a later stage
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Central Bank Of The UAE
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
The Financial Stability Department conducts analysis and research on issues related to overall financial stability of the UAE financial system, including the assessment of its ability to weather potentially stressful situations. It is also responsible for preparing the Financial Stability Report and formulating guidance for the use of macro-prudential tools. Any applicant must demonstrate a strong risk management capability gained in situation where, personally or through membership of a committee, the applicant was empowered for making risk decisions and accountable for the results.
- To develop relevant risk indicators and monitoring tools to identify risks to financial stability.
- Prepare detailed analysis of the financial sector.
- Develop in depth knowledge of key trends and risks affecting the financial sector.
- Contribute to other work undertaken by the unit such as the annual financial stability report, preparation of board reports and ad-hoc analytical work on emerging issues.
Background and Work Experience
- At least 5 years work experience in analyzing the financial sector ideally with a focus on banks, NBFIs and the stock market.
- Experience primarily gained from working in an authority with a financial stability. mandate, a rating agency, or in a risk management function of a reputable bank.
- A solid knowledge of prudential regulation applied to banks.
- Excellent command of MS office and experience with econometric software.
- Ability to write reports in Arabic will be regarded favorably.
- At least a postgraduate degree in economics, finance, accounting or a related field from a reputable university.
- A professional qualification such as FRM, CPA, CA or CFA is a strong advantage.