- Excellent Transaction Exposure
- Tax-free Compensation
About Our Client
Our client is a tech-focused private equity business based out of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). They have an AUM of USD 350m across Fund I and Principal Investments, and are recruiting an Associate for Fund II.
The role presents an opportunity to work in a technology focused fund and deploy capital in high growth frontier & emerging markets. The Associate will take primary ownership of financial modelling & transaction execution and be secondarily involved in investment screening
The ideal candidate will currently be an Analyst 3 / Associate 1 at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank or would have significant M&A transaction experience at a smaller Investment Bank for a similar number of years.
Reporting to the Principal, the Associate will:
- Conduct deal evaluation and execution; a holistic approach, including and not limited to investment appraisal, financial analysis, valuation, due diligence, forming recommendations and review of transaction documents
- Perform the required due diligence, including financial and investment due diligences
- Support and develop relationships with third parties
- Contribute to the sourcing of new investment opportunities
- Contribute to idea generation for the growth & scaling of portfolio businesses
- Perform ad-hoc tasks, as required by the team and contribute with ideas & actions across the wider business
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Business/ Finance / Economics from a reputed Western universit
- Have Master's degree or/and MBA and/or CFA/CA is a preferred
- Have 4-6 years' experience in Corporate Finance / Deals in bulge bracket M&A or a top tier firm is a must; technology sector experience is a plus
- Have excellent quantitative skills and financial modelling skills such as valuation, merger models, portfolio metrics, DCF models etc.
- Be a Russian speaker - strongly preferred due to the core investment region
- Have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Be entrepreneurial, collaborative and able to flourish in a flat-structure
What's on Offer
Excellent transaction exposure, tax-free compensation
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MP29068Z