The Senior Specialist Policy & Legal will work with other members of the Policy & Legal team to: - provide high-quality legal services to the Registration Authority (RA); and - identify and implement policy initiatives relevant to the development of the commercial legal framework of the ADGM. The legal services will include the interpretation of ADGM Regulations, assisting with the preparation and drafting of ADGM regulations, rules and guidance relating to the commercial framework of the ADGM.
- Provide the RA with timely, high-quality and consistent legal advisory services including the interpretation of ADGM regulations;
- Assist with the legislative drafting process for both improvements to the current RA legislative framework and any new legislative initiatives;
- Work with the Policy team and RA to create commercial policy and guidance;
- Assist with the public consultation process with respect to legislative changes proposed by the RA;
- Undertake a regular review of international corporate and commercial policy and legislation and propose improvements for consideration by the RA;
- Work with the Policy team to consider and respond to policy queries and interpretation requests from internal and external stakeholders;
- Work with external stakeholders, including entities in ADGM, Abu Dhabi and UAE government entities and international regulators;
- Participate in international forums with regulatory bodies to consult on policy and legislative matters relating to the RA;
- Assist with large legal projects;
- Assist with external legal resources; and
- Work alongside the FSRA Legal team on joint initiatives and other ADGM stakeholders where necessary.
- Bachelors / Masters Degree in Law
- 5 years post qualified experience n Law
- Admitted as a Barrister or Solicitor in a well-recognised common law jurisdiction
- Excellent skills, knowledge and experience in legal and policy matters pertaining to corporate and commercial law in a leading international financial centre or international law firm;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing with others at all levels of ADGM;
- Excellent negotiating skills with both legal and commercial issues;
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships within the Policy & Legal team, RA and other ADGM authorities and bodies;
- Ability to exercise judgement on the relative importance of competing issues, as part of a multi-disciplinary team including policy specialists, lawyers, supervisors;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, including taking the initiative where appropriate; and
- Fluent in business English, including the ability to summarise and present complex issues to audiences unfamiliar with them for their consideration and decision.