- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Mubadala Business Management Service
- 18 Apr 19
Reports to: Head of City Design, Sustainability Planning and Approvals
Works with the Head of City Design, Sustainable Planning and Approvals to define the environmental, landscape and public realm vision for City and oversees the development of Strategies, plans, designs and guidelines that enable the implementation of this vision. Also responsible for working with the city investment and real estate team to define the per m2 cost for landscape and public realm, having regard to all aspects of landscape and public realm, including interim/ Transitional landscapes and asset management.
Lead landscape architectural technical input for master planning, public realm design, open space planning and design and all projects on plots and in location within City.
- Supervision and preparation of the landscape and public realm components of master plan deliverables, including (but not limited) development regulations. Plot design guidelines and plot specification for approval from UPC and for compliance with the city vision and KPIs.
- Review, coordination and delivery of the city landscape plan
- Review ,coordination and delivery of the city landscape concept design
- Assist in reviewing project designs for individual plot developments from a landscape perspective and give feedback to design management team/ Third party plot developers. Ensure such designs are in line with the city landscape plan.
- Conduct field investigations, visual analyses, surveys, impact studies or other research in order to understand how to advance the landscape and public realm agenda at City.
- Prepare scopes of work for landscape and public realm design projects and steward these through city’s procurement process. Coordinate and participate in the:
- Develop and maintain relationships with local authorities, particularly with the Abu Dhabi Municipality- PRFD, Leading the meeting with PRFD representatives to both steward city plans and designs through the approval process and maintain ongoing dialogue with regard to dedication of public realm assets to ADM in the future.
- Collaborate with project managers in identifying and flagging landscape and public realm issues.
- Work with the delivery team in the concept, schematic and detailed design. Similarly, provide guidance to contractor in the event of design + build landscape implementation.
- Coordinate with the third party plot developers, their Project Managers, Architects and landscape Architects to ensure that their development in line with the overall city vision and the Landscape plan.
Support Quality Health and Safety Environment (QHSE) activities, policies and objectives of company and compliance with the laws and regulations of Abu Dhabi and UAE.
- Compliance with the laws and regulations of Abu Dhabi and UAE as applicable to the key accountabilities of the position
- Understand QHSE policies and procedures and apply them as required/ applicable in the key accountabilities of the position
- Understand the principles supporting the development and management of project programmes/ schedules, they need to regularly review, interrogate and update project programmes and schedule.
This includes participating (when requested) in QHSE audits, office inductions, incident reporting and review of QHSE performances as applicable
- Bachelor’s and/or higher degree in Landscape Architecture is essential
- Certification through a recognized professional organization of landscape architects.
- Minimum 15 years post graduate experience
- Knowledge of sustainability and renewable energy is preferred.
- Knowledge of Local authority requirements and procedure is preferred
- Experience in Eco-Cities, Green developments and similar technology – intensive developments is preferred.
- Competency and experience in using CAD packages.
- Experience in both office-based and site environment.