Head of Compliance - Abu Dhabi (Tax Free Income) - Monitoring & Assurance
- Approx £220,000 + bonus (equivalent in AED)
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- Holmes Search
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
A unique opportunity in Abu Dhabi - pioneering and establishing a new effective Group-wide Compliance Monitoring and Assurance Testing function. UAE government offers tax-free income, allowing professionals to achieve high levels of savings. The lucrative incentives and salary packages coupled with no obligation to pay taxes. What am I looking for? An Experienced Lead overseeing the implementation of controls in monitoring and testing the first line of defence, in relation to Regulatory Compliance, including Financial Crime and periodically monitoring conformance by Group entities. UAE offers a great lifestyle. People enjoy a rich lifestyle with exceptional healthcare, education and hospitality amenities.
- Circa 10 -15 years’ of experience in a reputed bank
- Circa 5 years’ experience in compliance related monitoring and testing activities
- Ensure effective implementation of the Bank’s Compliance strategy within the CMAT teams remit to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Effectively lead and manage the CMAT Team by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff to maximise performance.
- Support the Compliance Governance Department in talent management including acting as an SME on developing and delivering CMAT related training.
- Provide guidance and on the job training for junior colleagues and conduct knowledge sharing sessions.
- Identify CMAT Team resource shortfalls against the Compliance Department capacity plan.
- Act as a role model to direct and indirect reports to drive adherence to organisational values and ethics and foster a value driven culture within the bank.
Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Prepare and recommend the CMAT team’s budget and monitor adherence to budget, while ensuring all sectional activities are conducted in line with the approved guidelines.
Policies, Systems, Process & Procedures
Act as an SME to support the Compliance Governance Department in developing, maintaining and reviewing CMAT related policies, procedures and processes.
- Establish and lead the new Group CMAT function including associated written procedures and processes aligned to Group Policy.
- Oversee CMAT activity across the Group.
- Own the annual UAE Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP), testing schedules, templates and associated working papers.
- Consult with relevant departments in the UAE to ensure that the coverage, scope and approach to delivering reviews are planned and targeted effectively.
- Oversee execution of monitoring reviews (desk/thematic) in accordance with the CMP, including control design assessment and operational effectiveness testing.
- Review and sign off on all CMAT reports and track business unit remediation activity.
- Periodically report to the Group Compliance Officer and Business Risk Compliance Committee on Compliance Monitoring and Testing results and findings, compliance issues and incidents and overdue/completed action plans.
- Contribute as a thought-leader to evaluating and refining FAB’s CMP and review methodologies, coordinating with local and global colleagues to determine and implement firm-wide and industry best practices.
Lead tracking and reporting of GIA recommendations against Compliance functions across Group locations.
If you're interested in this unique proposition, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - I'll review as soon as possible. Then I'll contact you.
Alternatively give me a call: 01732 746668