Head of Compliance
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- Hays Dubai
- 05 Apr 18 2018-04-05
Primarily responsible for ensuring the bank proactively meets the objectives and technical requirements of investment related FSRA and UAE laws and regulations. Also assists in the bank’s overall compliance with other banking laws and regulations.
The head of compliance is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of AML compliance and be able to independently recognize, develop, and implement cost effective compliance related solutions for the Bank’s AML Compliance Program.
Essential Job Functions:
- compliance with FSRA rules related to investments
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures to comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Reviews and monitors the bank’s compliance with investment related policies and procedures
- Coordinates the accurate, timely preparation for, and response to, internal and external audits or examinations related to the bank’s investment area
- Keeps current knowledge regarding regulatory changes and laws in the financial industry
- Provides employee training on investment related laws & regulations
- Review and approve investment related marketing materials from a compliance standpoint
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned by management
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (business related)
- Minimum of five (5) years of prior financial institution
- BSA compliance experience in developing and implementing AML/CIP/OFAC policies, programs and procedures.
- Knowledge of UAE and FSRA laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act /Anti-Money Laundering / OFAC Regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, communication
- Organizational skills
- Strong decision making, analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written / oral communication and interpersonal skills