Head of Audit - International Compliance
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
A subject matter expert responsible for planning and executing audits covering the activities and processes of Group Compliance as well as compliance related activities across the FAB Group. Through a thorough understanding of compliance related operations and the regulatory environment, both in UAE and other relevant jurisdictions where FAB operates, provide assurance to Management by identifying weaknesses; reporting and escalating significant Audit findings in a timely manner; and agreeing action plans to address the issues raised.
Act as the day to day contact with Management in Compliance and broader Risk Management Department influencing change through providing advice. As part of the GIA Extended Management Team (EMT), provide input to GIA on issues that have impact to the FAB Group as a whole. Conduct special investigations, reviews, additional tasks as and when required by Head of Audit ERM/GCAO.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of key regulatory developments, including but not limited to Fin Crime, across different jurisdictions relevant to FAB Group; drive necessary changes in Audit plan/working programs to take into consideration regulatory changes; act as a trusted advisor to business/Compliance in the areas of Financial Crime Risk and Regulatory Compliance.
- Drive the development in the areas of Regulatory Compliance and Fin Crime of the Audit function.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification and/or relevant professional qualification and/ or certification desirable.
- 8-10 years’ relevant experience with an International Bank. Internal Audit experience preferred (but not mandatory). At least 4 years in similar positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in the Compliance and or Audit function.
- Expert knowledge of Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime Risk activities, processes and associated risks.
- Strong leadership capability and team-oriented with highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed, able to manage multiple tasks and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.