Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Review of the entire investment portfolio on a monthly basis to identify investments for which non-standard pricing sources require to be utilised as per Investment Pricing Policy.
• Draft memos for the Valuation Working Group (part of the IOC) for all investments on a quarterly basis for non – standard pricing sources
• Responsible for three-way reconciliation between NAV statement, audit confirmations share in the net assets as per audited financial statements.
• Perform a variance analysis on a quarterly basis and reach out to fund managers to obtain details where change in valuation is more than defined tolerance levels.
• Review of the audited FS for investments on an annual basis. Review to cover audit opinion, accounting policies and principles used for the preparation of financial statements.
• Develop sustainable processes with respect to new investments and investment strategies in coordination with the fund accounting teams, in order to capture pricing information and report on it.
• Assist in the implementation of new accounting systems by providing input and direction to the IT teams for areas assigned. Participate as a business user to develop and enhance systems, as required.
• Liaison with investment departments to identify potential valuation issues, suggesting improvements to controls, carry out performance analysis, financial forecasts and other ad hoc reports.
• Develop reporting functionalities on business intelligence software to improve analysis and reduce reporting errors.
• Carry out other similar or related duties as required
Requirements for this role:
• Relevant University Degree (e.g. Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, Finance etc.)
• Post-graduation certification such as CA (preferred), CFA, MBA (mandatory)
• A minimum of 3 years of experience post CA in similar or complementary roles within financial institutions or departments dedicated to Financial Institutions.
To be considered you must have :
Strong Academics(BA & CA)
Strong Excel Skills
Knowledge of General Asset Classes
Good understanding of financial products
If you have worked in an institution where you worked in Fund Accounting or BIG 4 we will consider you