See job description for details
First Abu Dhabi Bank is an inclusive environment where each person values the experiences, perspectives, ideas and beliefs of others. We're in a unique position to learn from all our colleagues, combining international experience with deep cultural knowledge and local expertise. At FAB, you'll have the support of your team and a strong relationship with your line manager, who will trust you with responsibility and recognize your good performance. As we embrace different ways of seeing the world, listening to each other and respecting different viewpoints, we grow stronger - together.
Job Description Job Purpose:
Senior role within the Sustainable Finance team with the purpose to advise on, originate and execute Sustainable Finance transactions with IB & CCB clients of the Bank and to support the Sustainable Finance transactions of the GCF team. Develop strategic relationships with clients and sponsors to identify Sustainable Financing opportunities that are aligned to FAB's client, credit appetite and ESG strategy. Work closely with respective Coverage, Product, Corporate Sustainability, Enterprise Risk Management team of FAB and other important stakeholders such as Credit etc. Key Accountabilities:
The role encompasses, enhancing the bank's capabilities in sustainable finance covering all forms of financing structures in addition to identifying opportunities for origination and deal placement. This will involve:
Budgets and Plans
- Plan, identify and market Sustainable finance opportunities
- Build ESG Knowledge within the team and maintain database of key transactions, structures, KPIs etc.
- Prepare ESG financing marketing materials, pitch-books, and reports to ensure successful promotion of the bank's Sustainable Finance credentials both internally and externally
- Develop ESG training material for GCF, Coverage and other relevant department to disseminate Sustainable Finance knowledge across the teams
- Maintain engagement with large corporate clients, HNW individuals, government entities, employees, other banks, external lawyers, project managers, sustainability consultants/advisors etc.
- Structure, originate, and develop appropriate sustainable financing solutions for clients
- Advise clients on establishing Sustainable Finance frameworks and liaise with relevant Second Party
- Develop Term Sheet, Information Memorandum, financial modelling, mandate letter, other sustainable finance materials etc as required, ensuring client and lender financing needs are met in the most efficient manner
- •Review feasibility reports, environmental reports and other related due diligence reports
- Lead discussions with credit on specific sustainable finance transactions including review of credit memo and obtain credit approvals
- Review, negotiate and conclude, in close co-ordination with lender's and borrower's legal counsels, inhouse lawyers, financing and security documents - to ensure compliance with credit approved terms including any sustainability linked terms/conditions
- •Assess/evaluate viability of new offers received from other banks/financial institutions for possible participation originated by other banks
- Achieve financial performance target individually set and contribute to the team budgeted business target
- Review existing GCF loan book and identify opportunities to secure existing loans business through a combination of refinance and restructuring
- Working on internal reporting, MIS requirements and support the Head of Sustainable, Asset & Project Finance in strategic initiatives
- Cross-sell bank's fixed income, derivatives, agency, transaction banking and other products
- The job holder will be responsible for building Sustainable assets and achieving budget via P&L with fee income as a key measure of performance
- Contribute to the sub-departmental budget and make the Head of Sustainable, Asset & Project Finance aware of performance gaps with suggestions to rectify and improve performance.
Policies, Systems, Processes, & Procedures
- •Maintain strong internal relations and collaborate with Coverage partners (Investment Banking & Corporate & Commercial Banking, FIG etc) to maximise product development & revenue generation opportunities
- Develop service level targets and manage the coordination with other departments to meet service expectations
MIS and Reports
- Contribute to the Implementation departmental policies, systems, and procedure so that all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality service
- Provide inputs in the preparation of timely and accurate sub-departmental statements and reports to meet FAB's and departmental requirements, policies, and standards
Qualifications Knowledge & Experience:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in managing and facilitating corporate and structured finance transactions in a banking environment.
- In-depth knowledge and proven track record of 5+ years of Sustainable Finance including any green/sustainable project financing experience gained in a major commercial/international bank
- Experience of applying sustainable finance principles, mechanisms and rating methodologies including but not limited to green, social, sustainability linked loans, credit facilities and bonds
- Deep understanding, working knowledge and contacts in Sustainable Finance including Sustainable Finance standards and Sustainable financing frameworks
- Understanding of Sustainable financing structures, typical participants, assessment tools, and knowledge of international sustainable best practices, syndicated loans & debt capital markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Ability to understand financing structures (Corporate / Structured Finance) based on the current & expected market conditions
- Ability to multi-task with strong credit, structuring and LMA documentation, expertise required
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to exercise good judgment which balances needs of client, investors and FAB
- Ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative manner
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial statements
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to build and develop strategic relationships