Economist - Head of Analysis and Research
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Cobalt Recruitment Dubai
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
Role Purpose To oversee the process of identifying and carrying out the research and analysis as required by the Head Economist
- Participate in the strategy formulation exercise of the Research and Statistics department, by outlining how the Research & Analysis function can be aligned to the companies objectives and strategy.
- Identify the required resources and the budget to perform the overall Research & Analysis function, and accordingly participate in the development of the budget of the Research & Statistics Department.
- Contribute to the development of Key Performance Indicators for the Research & Analysis function.
- Manage the production of all needed reports and research analysis as requested by the Board of Directors and the various Department heads across the organisation
- Ensure developed analytical reports are relevant, accurate, and in line with the requirements of the requesting party.
- Supervise as needed for research the compilation of the various surveys of the organisation including Depository/financial corporations’ surveys, total lending expectation surveys, public perception surveys, etc.
- Oversee the development of research reports and working papers in line with high quality enforced by international organizations and the academic community.
- Coordinate with the Statistics Division to ensure the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of all statistics and historical data needed for research analysis.
- Coordinate with relevant departments within the organisation , ensuring that they provide and receive inputs for research and policy decisions and collaborate on policy relevant research projects.
- Ensure availability of relevant research agenda that is timely for policy decisions, priorities by Management and recent developments in the UAE economy.
- Monitor and assess the satisfaction of the departments, as well as other external stakeholders, in the context of regular workshops and seminars, to solicit feedback regarding research output and regular reports produced by the division.
- Act upon new research requirements in a timely manner and ensure the right quality of research and analysis is conducted.
- Pro-actively identify research subjects of particular interest in coordination with the Chief Economist and senior management.
- Coordinate with the various departments across the organisation to understand their research and analysis requirements.
- Oversee the division’s evolving research programs, in consultation with the organisations senior management.
- Conduct ad-hoc creative research as requested by other departments and the organisations senior management.
- Assess the satisfaction of the organisations departments with the services of the Research & Analysis function, taking action as appropriate.
- Ensure that the quality of the conducted research and analysis is up to the required standards and that the results of any analysis conducted are relevant for the decision making at the organisation.
- Identify areas which require the assistance of external counterparties such as IMF, World Bank, BIS, and other prominent monetary authorities and research institutions.
- Perform any other duties within the scope of the role.
EDUCATION - ESSENTIAL
- Ph.D. in Monetary Economics/International Finance/Financial Economics, with solid macroeconomic and monetary policy understanding.
- 12+ years of experience plus a substantial record of refereed publications in the field.
- Working experience in the UAE, or the GCC with appropriate familiarity with the UAE market and its regulations and/or good understanding of relevant research topics for the region.
- Experience in related functions at international institutions such as the IMF, World Bank, or a prominent Central Bank would be an advantage.
- Proficient in English language. Arabic language is an advantage.