Economist/Senior Economist -Economic & Technical Department
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Arab Monetary Fund
- 17 May 19
The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) is a regional organization based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, which aims at laying the groundwork for Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic and social development in the Arab countries.
The AMF is seeking well-qualified and experienced "Economist/Senior Economist" to join its Economic and Technical Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting research and preparing reports related to Economic and Financial topics.
- Preparing and presenting lectures related to Economic and Financial sectors.
Qualifications and practical experience required:
- PhD degree in economics, Finance, quantitative methods or related field, from reputed university.
- The position requires at least five years’ experience for the post of "Economist" and 10 years for the post of "Senior Economist".
- Great knowledge in statistics, econometrics and modeling especially in the economic forecasting.
- The applicant must have published research in refereed scientific journals having an impact factor, in Monetary policy, Fiscal policy, Money markets, Foreign trade, Economic and financial reforms, Financial sector, Macroeconomics and Microeconomics.
- Great knowledge in dealing with computer applications, as well as econometrics and statistics software packages.
- Fluency in speaking, writing and reading in both Arabic and English. Knowledge of French is preferable.
- Computer literate.
The Fund provides the incumbent with a competitive package in accordance with the Fund's employment policy, which includes salary, house allowance, furniture, travel tickets, contribution to children's education expenses and medical and life insurance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.