The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) is a regional organization based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, which aims at laying the groundwork for Arab economic integration and accelerating the process of economic development in the Arab countries. The AMF wishes to appoint an "Economist/Senior Economist" to work for its Economist-Training and Capacity Building Institute. The Institute organizes training courses, workshops and seminars in areas vary between macroeconomics, monetary and fiscal policy, the financial sector issues, economic reforms policies and investment, and other specialized topics for the benefit of the AMF's Member States.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Preparation of training materials and workshops organized by the Institute.
- Participation in teaching and lecturing.
- Conduct research on issues related to the AMF's main objectives.
Qualifications and practical experience required:
- PhD in economics from a recognized American or European university, focusing on the following topics: macroeconomic policies, financial sector issues and prudential policies, finance, and econometrics.
- The applicant must have published research in refereed scientific journals.
- At least two years of experience in the same fields.
- Fluency in speaking, writing and reading in both Arabic and English.
- Good knowledge in using computer applications, as well as econometrics and statistics software packages
The Fund provides the incumbent with a competitive package in accordance with the Fund's employment policy, which includes salary, house allowance, furniture, travel tickets, contribution to children's education expenses and medical and life insurance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.