Compliance Specialist - Governance Advisory & Projects (Arabic Speaker)
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- Madison Pearl
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Our client, a leading bank in the region is looking for a Compliance Specialist - Governance Advisory & Projects. As a Compliance Specialist – Governance Advisory & Projects, responsible for the advisory of policies, procedures, regulatory changes for both local and international environments. Take ownership of spreading and improving compliance culture and practices.
- Responsible for compliance advisory services relating to policies and procedures for domestic and international operations.
- Take ownership of tracking Tax Compliance Programs – working with Client Services to validate and update documents.
- Supporting departments with Tax Compliance Programs compliance advisory.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries related to Tax Compliance Programs.
- Contribute to the set-up and review of internal governance structures.
- Drafting of Corporate Governance methodology for banking projects.
- Maintain and update the governance framework, monitoring compliance, coordinating governance committee and board member meetings, establishing and maintaining a record of operational procedures manuals, and analyzing monthly reports.
- Identify the regulatory changes in Country that impact the Group’s compliance (including Tax Compliance) risk, allowing for updates to the referenced charter, plan and policy manuals.
- Report on a regular basis to the Head of Advisory, Governance and awareness regarding non- compliance risks, identified breaches and corrective action is taken pertaining to the Group’s activities, for onward reporting to the Group Audit & Compliance Committee.
- Ensure that new products and services as well as all new/ amended Group policies, manuals and procedures are applicable to the Group’s operations are vetted from a compliance perspective.
- Review all the newly issued policies and procedures and provide advice on the non-compliance risk aspects, legal and internal control fundamentals
- Bachelor degree with relevant professional qualifications such as CAMS, CISI or CFE.
- FATCA Compliance experience
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a major banking institution or regulatory agency.
- In-depth knowledge of banking policies/ procedures, regulatory and best practice pronouncements pertaining to compliance, Governance and tax programs.
- Knowledge of Regulation is an essential (Liquidity risk management, Credit risk management, Market risk management, Asset and Liability Management, Banking or asset management industry and products.
- Fluent in English and Arabic is essential.
Interested candidates please apply to this advertisement directly or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED*