- Associate Director role within the REF team with the purpose to assist and support in the origination and execution of Real Estate Finance transactions for CIB clients of the Bank and to support the real estate transactions of wider REF team globally.
- To provide in depth analysis, risk assessment, financial modelling and industry trends, due diligence and review of transaction documents and monitoring.
- To assist in developing strategic relationships with banks and real estate professionals to identify REF opportunities that are aligned to FAB’s client and credit appetite. Work closely with the Corporate and Financial Institutions coverage teams and product teams of FAB to better understand how we can bring full suite of FAB products to our customers.
- The chosen candidate should be a proactive team player with the ability to work independently on complex high value transactions.
The role encompasses, enhancing the bank's capabilities in the real estate finance covering all forms of RE finance structures in addition to identifying opportunities for equity origination and deal placement. This will involve:
- Meeting clients/sponsors with other Senior members of REF team
- Support team in originating, structuring and executing new deals along with the coverage & credit team
- Thoroughly review the existing CRE loan book across the Bank and identify opportunities to secure existing loans business through a combination of refinance and restructuring
- Working on internal reporting, MIS requirements and support the senior team within REF in strategic initiatives
- Help contributing (on a no target basis) to the REF team budget in addition to being alive to opportunities in our GM, Agency & DCM businesses.
Budgets and Plans
Contribute to the preparation of the sub-departmental budget and monitor the section’s cost ratio, and make the Head of Real Estate Finance aware of performance gaps with suggestions to rectify and improve performance.
- Maintain strong internal relations and collaborate with Coverage partners (Corporate & Investment Banking, FIG, Corporate Banking, and New Client Acquisition) in order to maximise product development & revenue generation opportunities
- Develop service level targets and manage the coordination of the section with other departments to meet service expectations.
Policies, Systems, Processes, & Procedures
Implement departmental policies, systems, and procedure so that all relevant procedural/ legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality and cost-effective service.
MIS and Reports
Supervise and provide inputs in the preparation of timely and accurate sub-departmental statements and reports to meet FAB’s and departmental requirements, policies, and standards. In particular working with Credit and Risk teams in ensuring efficient tracking and monitoring of the total real estate exposure to ensure compliance with UAE CB guidelines
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in managing and facilitating real estate loans business in a banking environment
- Working knowledge of, and interest in learning, the dynamic sector of Commercial Real Estate sector, and ultimately FAB’s products and business strategies
- To be conversant in the different asset classes of real estate primarily, hospitality, office, retail, residential
- Good understanding and working knowledge of international real estate debt markets and syndicated loan & debt capital market.