Associate - Agribusiness
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Mubadala Business Management Service
- 23 Apr 19
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world with total assets of 460bn AED creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.
Our Agribusiness team is leveraging Mubadala’s technology and infrastructure experience to create new partnerships in the sector that will drive growth.
Our strategy focuses on the production component of the value chain, especially animal protein and high-value crops. We are targeting consolidation opportunities that support the creation of greater scale, with an emphasis on businesses where innovative technologies can have a transformational impact.
As an active investor, you will assist in the analysis, structuring and execution of new investments, as well as the continued monitoring and development of these assets in our portfolio.
Deal Screening and Execution
- Conduct industry and market research on potential investment opportunities
- Analyze potential investment opportunities
- Build, develop and run financial models that are fully dynamic and capable of running extensive scenario analysis to analyze potential investment opportunities
- Liaise with advisors (lawyers, tax specialists and other financial and technical experts to facilitate the due diligence process, both internally and externally)
- Draft and present structured, coherent and compelling presentation proposals for internal review, discussion and approvals
- Manage and monitor asset to ensure compliance with investment strategy, targets, covenants, and other KPIs
- Support Mubadala’s directors on specific assets board;
- Co-ordinate / prepare internal and external portfolio communication including Investment Committee papers, asset reviews
- Provide leadership, mentoring and development to members of the team in the relevant discipline of transaction execution and asset management
- Provide input into setting individual targets and objectives for the team including development plans for the relevant junior staff
- Remain informed of key trends, international best market practices, global and regional trends in the targeted sub-sectors of Agribusiness
Knowledge, skills and experience
Undergraduate degree in relevant discipline (engineering, science, economics, business, finance, or environmental science preferred) or equivalent experience.
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Investment Advisory or Private Equity Investing
Experience in Agribusiness is plus, but not required
Excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing abilities
Strong communication, mathematical, finance
Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software applications
Strong, independent work ethic, ability to work with little supervision, and successful experience working within multidisciplinary teams