- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi AE
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
The purpose of this job is to directly manage the distressed assets and vulnerable accounts under the discretionary lending of the Business Banking Group domestically, and to maintain an oversight of all international locations where distressed assets are being managed for efficient and effective recovery of NPLs while achieving the set financial targets in terms of collection, reduction of provisions and IIS and improving the P&L with a Domestic Portfolio size of AED503M (of which AED325M pertains to Written off accounts) & AED276M Internationally.
- Manage the team's assigned portfolio and achieve the set financial targets in terms of collection, reduction of provisions and IIS and improving the P&L.
- Managing, motivating and Managing, motivating and leading a team of professionals, which has a direct and substantial impact on the Bank’s P&L, Balance Sheet and rating with External Agencies.
- Lead, manage and direct the assigned team in order to ensure maximum recoveries and turnarounds by offering and implementing creative financial solutions to assist and support customers.
- Lead the restructuring negotiations with clients with a focus on the recovery and turnaround of those cases considered highly sensitive and difficuolt, including legal action where necessary.
- Evaluate restructuring, rescheduling, workout or write off propsals and recommend it for management approval.
- Review the collections strategy regularly and train collectors to ensure that the collection techniques change with change in the legal and economic situation of the country.
- Ensure capacity planning is in place and a load-balancing is done for the unit.
- Remain in constant touch with law enforcement agencies and external lawyers and keep the unit updated on any changes anticipated in the legal scenario of the country
- Provide portfolio feedback on an on-going basis to Head of Collections for modification of the front end acceptance criteria.
- Ensure low audit risk rating for the unit.
- Negotiate and work out a best possible settlement with the customer with a win-win approach
- Ensure that the collection process is carried out within the framework of the bank’s code of conduct and keeping in mind the reputation of the bank
- Set up a strong collections infrastructure for recovery of delinquent accounts through empanelment of external collection agencieslocally and internationally. Maintain regular follow up with the international regions to conclude settlement plans, restructuring proposals and take necessary legal actions where needed for the managed portfolio under their respective rehions, to maximize the cash recovery, IIS & provision write back and improved P&L.