The position of Senior Investment Officer will support the State Treasurer's Office's $22 Billion investment program. The Treasurer's Office invests in various asset classes, including equities, fixed income, and alternative investments. This position will report to the Chief Investment Officer. Although investing knowledge and experience are important, a premium will be placed on applicants' historical performance records.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Work with the Chief Investment Officer and investment staff overseeing $22 billion internal and external fixed income portfolios.
- Oversee internal short, intermediate, and long duration investment grade fixed income portfolios. The ability to generate alpha is very important. A verified track record is required.
- Evaluate fund managers versus peer group and relative index/indices.
- Assist the Chief Investment Officer in preparing for and deliver presentations to various parties.
- Assist in identifying overall and portfolio-specific risk. Develop strategies to monitor and control risk.
- Prepare regular ad hoc performance and risk reports.
Preference may be given to those with a Master’s Degree or a Ph.D.
Preference may be given to someone with a successful historical record of identifying and managing external fixed income managers.
- Understanding global macro and micro risks that impact investment-grade securities is imperative.
- Strong quantitative/analytical aptitude and modeling skills are important.
- Experience in programming is a plus.
- Ability to work with unfamiliar concepts, take ownership of work and deliver timely results.
- Risk management experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment utilizing strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Desire to work hard, learn and contribute to the team.
Bachelor's Degree (typically in Finance, Business, or Economics)
6+ years of progressive work experience (typically in Finance, Business or Economics) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Investment Officer
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification and/or an MBA (or Master's Degree in a related field of study) and/or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) certification
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General office conditions.
- Minimal lifting.
- Some travel necessary.
- FLSA: Exempt
- This position is At-Will and is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the CIO.
- This position is provided leave per the Executive Leave Policy
- Candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check requiring fingerprinting.
004-State Treasurer's Office - Investment Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.