Multi- Billion-dollar American industrial company seeks a hands Data Engineer to work either remotely or in their Wisconsin office. (Hadoop experience is a must) US Citizenship or Green Card only
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop scalable ETL solutions to deliver data from source systems to analytics platforms (structured and unstructured; batch and streaming).
- Responsible for testing and validation in order to support the accuracy of data transformations and data verification used with enterprise-wide analytics.
- Assist in educating others on best practices surrounding data work (i.e. data modeling, database design, ETL design, job scheduling and monitoring, etc.).
- Assist or direct feasibility studies and project estimates (man power, budget development, and timelines, etc.) on proposed research and development projects.
- Essential computer science/computer engineering/software engineering education background and in-depth work-related experiences in data engineering field
- Strong time management, communication and critical thinking skills
- Strong presentation skills and able to confidently interface internal or external customers.
- Strongly motivated in learning new technologies and skills in data engineering fields
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s (minimum) degree in Computer Science or STEM-related field.
- Three (or more) years of experience working as a data engineer, ETL developer and/or data warehouse DBA.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership and peers.
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Bash, and Python (and experience with the Anaconda distribution).
- Experience with big data tools and architectures, such as Cloudera Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, and Spark.
- Working knowledge of telematics interfaces and streaming solutions (MQTT, NiFi, Kafka, etc.).