- Madison, WI, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- State of Wisconsin Investment Board
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
SWIB is seeking an Internal Auditor to play a critical role in its Internal Audit Group. The incumbent will be responsible for performing the fieldwork for reviews and audits of activities in accordance with professional standards.
- Maintain independence and objectivity and conduct audit work with proficiency and professional due diligence
- Review the existence, adequacy, and adherence of policies, procedures, and sound business practices, as well as accounting and administrative controls used to safeguard assets and operations, and make recommendations for change when appropriate
- Perform testing of internal audit areas including determining the scope and risk areas of each audit, interviewing management, portfolio managers, analysts, and other professional staff.
- Monitor compliance with applicable legal and statutory provisions, contract terms, investment guidelines, asset allocation, and other policies
- Attend Audit and Finance Committee and other key meetings
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years of professional auditing experience required; 5 or more years preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related required
- Master’s degree preferred
- CPA preferred and/or CIA
- Experience auditing investments preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful, performance-based incentive compensation
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Educational and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Challenging work in a professional, team environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization and residency in, or willingness to relocate to, the Madison, Wisconsin area. SWIB is prepared to offer relocation assistance as needed.
Deadline to apply is January 16, 2018. Resumes will be accepted after that date if the position has not been filled.