Production Delivery Analyst/Associate - SEA
Description About this role
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients! BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. BlackRock currently has more than $5 trillion AUM and approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets!
The role sits in Product Delivery team (which is a part of Data & AI chapter of Technology Operations). Data & AI is a centralized data group dedicated to ensuring that all information required for the investment management process, including positions, security data, pricing, risk, cash, net asset value (NAV), performance and compliance are delivered through the Green Package reports, consistently, accurately and on a timely manner. Product Delivery is a team that is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of Risk and Performance Analytics Reporting to our clients by publishing the Green Package (GP) product. Green Package is a comprehensive suite of reports and which allow portfolio management teams to manage market risk and make sound investment decisions. Product Delivery is a fast paced and meaningful environment with team members who all share an interest in Finance and Technology. Responsibilities:
Qualifications / skills:
- Use technical skills to ensure the accuracy of large analytical data sets, automate processes with scripts and macros and efficiently query information from a vast database.
- Exhibit attention to detail when quality checking Green Package analytics and be accountable for the timely delivery of reports to our clients in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Engage in meetings with end-users of the Green Package product from all levels within the company from Portfolio and Risk Managers to Operations teams and also with our external Clients.
- Ability to research and tackle problems with a strong focus on automation and operational improvement.
- Project and development work: engaging with other internal teams to think creatively and deliver innovative solutions to our complex client demands
- Show desire to work in a constantly evolving, changing and challenging environment.
- Degree in Finance or Engineering or Technology
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions and implement change.
- Technical skills (SQL, UNIX, Python and PERL) are strongly preferred.
- Must be detail orientated, possess initiative and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of financial products in Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives, and familiarity with Risk analytics such as Durations, Spread, Beta and VaR would be an advantage.
- Given that the nature of this role is Finance and Technology (FinTech) centric, we would like someone who demonstrate an aptitude for learning these aspects of the job.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. About BlackRock
- You will gain exposure to working directly with our partners such as Portfolio Management Group, Risk & Quantitative Analysis, Client Reporting Teams and BlackRock Solutions Aladdin Clients.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to develop knowledge on the constantly evolving Aladdin's investment technology; improve on their finance knowledge and technical skills.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to participate in projects that will push them to think outside the box in order to solve numerous complex issues.
- Candidates will gain an exposure to leadership roles driving business initiatives.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.