Fixed Income Trader, Asia-Pacific
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Russell Investment Group
- 06 Jul 18
Located in Seattle, this associate will be responsible for Global Fixed Income transactions with a specific shift on staffing to cover Asia-Pacific Fixed Income Markets. This associate will be a key member of a team responsible for providing global equity execution to the Russell Investments Funds, multiple Investment Managers, Portfolio Trades, Transition Events, Fundings, Overlay Programs and Execution Services Clients, with a specific focus on trading Asian Markets in live hours.
This associate will be trading in Asia on a daily basis and will be responsible for implementing advanced trading strategies that conform to Russell Investment's best execution guidelines. This position will operate with a great degree of autonomy and work closely with the various member of the global fixed income trading team, and specifically the Asia execution and broad trading teams. This person will continue to develop our best execution through demonstrable pre-trade and post-trade analysis, our trading capabilities in terms of systems and execution venues, and our overall product offering. This includes development of order management systems, trading systems, and analysis systems responsible for this measurement.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Execute Asia PacRim Fixed Income Securities. Will be responsible for efficiently executing a broad array of strategies in the Asia PacRim Fixed Income Securities, from global trading mandates to more focused mandates. This individual must be familiar with Fixed Income markets, both international and domestic, emerging, developed, and frontier.
- Strategy development and implementation of trading through the detailed analysis of attributes. This is accomplished through the use of risk models, optimization systems and other trading analytic systems. Research implementation costs associated with various strategies and implement the strategy with the highest likelihood of execution success and the most cost-effective strategy.
- Communication. Effectively interact and communicate with members of Russell Implementation Services, Clients, External Investment Managers, Portfolio Mangers, Broker-Dealers, and others in the investment community to create efficiencies with regard to the continued development of the high-speed/low-latency environment. Develop best practices that will provide for operational and trading scale within group.
- Risk Management and Best Practices. Interact with numerous clients, investment managers/portfolio managers and execute program and/or single line transactions, specifically focused in the fixed income space. Continue to implement and evolve the established best practice procedures to ensure trading strategies conform to Russell’s best execution guidelines. Interface with various accounting systems and operate multiple market facing execution technologies.
- Develop execution analysis and monitoring techniques and deliverables that satisfy the requirements of Russell's Best Execution guideline.
- The hours of this position are approximately 6pm to 4am in order to trade Asia/Pacific Rim.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or a related area required; advanced degree and CFA a plus.
- 2-5+ years of fixed income trading experience in the brokerage/trading industry, with a focus on trading international fixed income securities.
- In depth knowledge of Global Fixed Income Trading Marketplace and clearing infrastructure.
- Ability to understand and work with multiple complex trading system configurations.
- Experience working with the institutional finance community.
- Detailed knowledge of global market structure and evolution.
- Detailed oriented & excellent problem solving skills.
- Series 7, 55, 63 licenses.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly proficient with multiple PC based trading software systems including securities-related applications (portfolio accounting, trade order management, Execution Management Systems, trading platforms, FIX connectivity).
- Highly proficient with Excel.
- Ability and willingness to function in a stressful, technological environment with minimal instruction or supervision.
- Driven self starter looking to take on new responsibilities in a challenging environment.