The Director of Market Strategy is leadership role in Tideworks’ Business Development department. The role reports direct to the Vice President of Business Development and is involved in strategic planning with top executives, setting objectives and identifying methods to reach those objectives. This position will either lead or remain keenly aware of organizational growth initiatives related to markets and target customer segments, as well as the company’s potential to meet customer needs with a product or service. The Director will also work closely with our Regional Business Development Managers in Seattle, Rotterdam and Panama in supporting business development efforts.
- Builds Tideworks brand position by locating, analyzing, developing and defining markets to target
- Exercising strong analytical skills – including, but not limited to, go-to-market plans, financial modeling, commercial/pricing strategies
- Continuously monitors company and market performance to determine if strategies need to be adjusted or new strategies should be introduced
- Develops documented collateral in support of strategic initiatives to defend proposals to a C-Suite level audience
- Develops proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and reviewing writing processes, approach, and boilerplate
- Provides market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; aligning with internal priorities
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying the integration of new customers with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating needs and goals
- Plans, coordinates, and documents the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations.
- Includes delivering presentations, conducting seminars, and participating in meetings with clients, external vendors or advisors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, or a related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of directly related management-level work experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years of writing successful proposals, RFP responses, business plans
- Experienced at preparing and presenting business proposals
- Exceptional relationship building skills, ability to foster and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with customers, partner suppliers, media personnel, external service providers, co-workers and employees
- Comfortable with working around tight deadlines.
- An understanding of the cargo transportation industry would be helpful, as would experience working in a software development organization
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes -- Marketing Manager, Marketing Analyst
- Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
- Exposure to computer screens.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to travel up to 20% (both domestic and international) depending upon demand.
- Potential on site exposure to marine and rail terminal operating environments.
Tideworks Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer