Data Operations - Quality Control Analyst - SEA
Description About this role
Data Operations and Solutions is entrusted with maintaining all data integral to the investment decision process. The function serves BlackRock the Investment Manager and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) business, in our proprietary Aladdin® end-to-end investment platform. This team closely partners with key internal teams, such as Portfolio Management, Global Capital Markets, Relationship Management, Portfolio Compliance, Risk Analytics, Regulatory Reporting, and others, to ensure their business data needs are met accurately, timely, and efficiently.
The Data Ops and Solutions philosophy is anchored on BlackRock's cornerstone principles: Fiduciary focus, Passion for Performance, the unified purpose of One BlackRock, taking Emotional Ownership and Being Committed to a Better Future. Through this lens, we strive to build value for our clients by understanding their needs, the markets, and using technology to create best in class solutions. Our function has presence across 12 offices in 8 countries, servicing more than $25 trillion in AUM on Aladdin for a client base spanning 6 continents and all spectrums of the financial markets.
Within the data organization sits the Quality Control function, which owns security and portfolio level risk analytics quality control along with the governance and design of these QC processes. This team ensures our clients have the highest quality of risk analytics. We do so by focusing on building scale and efficiency by integrating data science to craft and implement a centralized quality control platform for key risk analytics metrics. The team strives to build in-depth subject matter expertise in risk analytics, capital markets as well as BlackRock's proprietary risk models and Aladdin software suite to service that mission. Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Daily support of a risk analytics trading process for BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions' clients.
- Learning the intricacies and interconnectivities of Aladdin® end to end investment platform.
- Sophisticated research into the risk profile of global investments that involves broad experience in Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, and Alternatives, across the vast global investment marketplace.
- Daily quality control and validation of intraday risk analytics and providing specialist advice related to reference, index, and pricing data.
- Envisioning, designing, and developing enhanced quality control models using machine learning and data science methodologies.
- Performing efficiency reviews of internal processes and recommending improvements.
- Utilizing research skills, critical thinking and financial math to analyze macroeconomic and market trends to incorporate into improvement proposals to QC models and methodologies
- Close collaboration with market analytics and financial modeling groups to expand understanding of our models.
- Interacting with clients to serve as a security-level risk knowledge desk to provide outstanding customer service
- Performing testing of in-house programs relevant to owned processes
- Ability to operate in an agile environment and employ agile methodology principles, project management and process design
- The applicant must possess and demonstrate an understanding of fixed income, equity, and derivative financial instruments.
- You should have the interest and ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial working environment along with comfort in working closely with teammates on shared projects and objectives.
- Have some flexibility regarding their work hours.
- Excellent communication skills are required to orchestrate working relationships with internal and external partners.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, or Engineering is required. Non-target degrees will be considered if a solid understanding of global markets can be proven.
- A "Student of the Markets" mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- Experience or education related to agile methodologies is a bonus.
- Proven grasp and comprehension of technical tools such as SQL, Python and Unix is helpful. PERL is a plus, but not required.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.