Administrative Assistant II
Join a bank like no other. When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 35+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
We are currently looking to hire an Administrative Assistant in our Seattle office to join the team and support the growth of the Corporate Finance organization.
The position provides operational administrative support to the Region Manager and team. This individual possesses intellectual curiosity to develop a strong command of SVB's business which will allow him/her to use judgment and experience to make independent decisions. A strong sense of urgency, the ability to think beyond the initial set of facts or issues, and a strong orientation towards self-reliance and resourcefulness will distinguish the best candidates. Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative is needed in resolving problems and making recommendations. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Normally does not receive work instructions, may determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Overtime may be required.
Independent judgment and discretion applied; however, not related to matters of significance.
- Independent judgment and discretion applied; however, not related to matters of significance.
- Utilizes judgment to make administrative decisions.
- May recommend concepts for improvements of efficiencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Ability to triage and prioritize tasks - including long-term assignments and urgent tasks.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to use professional work skills, discretion and good judgment at all times.
- Ability to work with well-established team and be a team player.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information requiring a high level of discretion.
- Work on diverse administrative assignments with competing priorities, including event planning management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience in the financial services; bank; or other related business
- 3 or more years of related experience as an administrative professional
- Demonstrated experience managing complex calendars using Outlook
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite including moderate to advanced PowerPoint skills and moderate Excel skills
- Customer Focused
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency