2022 Parametric Investment Operations Associate (Seattle)
Parametric believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties and qualifications, but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified.
It is our expectation that every employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our services.
Investment Operations Positions - College grads: Jump-start your career!
Parametric has several Associate level roles within Investment Operations in our Seattle office. These Associates partake in the Class Hires Program that begins on February 28, 2022. Departments include Portfolio Reconciliation, Trade Operations, Corporate Actions, and Operations Oversight. The program targets recent or soon to be college graduates seeking opportunities within the financial services industry. (Applicants must have degree by start date.)
These are regular full time positions that offer a comprehensive training program that builds a relevant foundation of knowledge and skills in the financial services industry-and sets you up for success in entry-level positions at Parametric. If you are seeking a collaborative and innovative culture please apply. Parametric values and celebrates inclusion and diversity, women, minorities and all protected classes are encouraged to apply!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Reconciling internal cash, position, and tax lot data to external parties to mitigate risk and allow for portfolio optimization and trading.
- Trade posting processes transmission of trades to counterparties, matching/confirmation/affirmation of trades, and resolution of exceptions.
- Processing voluntary and mandatory market events for both domestic and international market securities each day (i.e. dividends, splits, mergers, rights offerings, tender offers, and other events), ensuring events are elected on, processed and posted to the accounting system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Create and implement new audits and reports as needed, review outputs and department work to ensure that exceptions are addressed timely and accurately.
- Communicate with internal and external contacts to resolve any issues.
- Record keeping/maintenance of client records and files.
- Custodian data feed and interface management for all live and future accounts.
- Graduating seniors earning a Bachelor's (4yr) degree w/ concentration in Business, Data Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related area of study.
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage high volumes of data with tight deadlines.
- Experience with VBA and macros a plus.
- Familiarity with portfolio accounting systems like Advent, or Bloomberg, a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Leadership skills are encouraged.
- Strong communication skills.