Sr. Software Engineer
We're seeking a talented and highly motivated software engineer to help us develop a scalable, high-performance, cloud-based platform for large-scale data storage and processing. Solve interesting technical challenges in the areas of distributed high-performance computing for a high-available cloud environment.
Candidate is hands-on and passionate about exploiting multiple languages and programming techniques across products, frameworks and API layers 'using the right tool for the right job' to address sustainable Big Data, Search and Visualization platforms and solutions.
- Responsible for building scalable web services using open source technologies.
- Analyze and improve scalability of data collection, storage processes, and web services.
- Implement and establish development practices, framework standards and adoption of these standards.
- Establish and maintain Continuous Deployment methodologies including working with SQA teams to enforce unit and automated testing
- Develop required tools to automate management of all facets of data operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong proficiency applying REST-based API frameworks to large scale, distributed high traffic web services.
- Experience with Amazon AWS Cloud services
- Programming skills: Python and SQL
- Experience in Agile SCRUM project management methodologies.
- Prefer to work in a nimble and dynamic environment with strong emphasis on ownership and responsibility.
- Ability and passion to pick up new technologies and stay on the leading edge of full-stack development.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Experience with Pyramid, Django, Flask, nginx, and uWSGI skills
- Programming experience with Scala
- Full stack experience a plus
- Experience with Docker and Terraform
- Comfortable developing in Linux environment
- Git source control
- Strong communication and organizational skills
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.