Rootmetrics Senior Radio Frequency/Sales Engineer
The standard for mobile performance measurement, RootMetrics by IHS Markit is an independent mobile analytics firm offering scientific insights into how users experience networks under real-world conditions.
We're driven by one fundamental goal: to provide insights that help improve the end-user mobile experience. Everything we do is designed to advance that goal and accurately show how consumers experience mobile performance. We provide our information free to the public and offer deeper cuts of our data to the mobile industry so that they can make improvements that benefit the consumer's daily mobile life.
As part of RSA (Research, Science, and Analytics) group, this role requires the candidate to attain various roles, such as, Sales Engineering / being SME on wireless technologies / data analysis etc. Specific Job Duties:
- Guiding the RF team member on the technical aspect of RF engineering
- Driving internal changes related to RF technical requirements as a product owner
- Supporting Account Managers and Sales reps in a range of pre-sales activities
- Engaging with key strategic customers through the lifecycle of their contract in order to support our customers through various post-sales activities
- Analysis of collected data (proprietary data & L1-L3 data) in multiple ways
- The candidate will deal with specific trouble-shooting (and root-cause analysis) of an issue and prepare analysis of those
- As well as, see the big picture (based on the collected data) and perform "big-data" analysis
- Presenting analyses and other materials to clients face-to-face
B.S. degree in Engineering Required Experience:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience as an RF Engineer (or equivalent) for a carrier or for an infrastructure vendor (or equivalent)
- Very good understanding of how Wireless networks (LTE/WCDMA/CDMA etc.) work
- Expertise in VoLTE is preferred (including SIP message analysis)
- Experience on drive data analysis is required
- Proficiency in at least one of these tools below is preferred
- Qualcomm QXDM
- Accuver XCAL
- Good experience on test/measurement of Video performance on wireless networks
- Good experience on test/measurement of Voice Quality performance on wireless networks
- A track record of extensive and successful interactions with customers in a range of situations, as well as good presentation skills
- Good understanding of SQL / R / Tableau is preferable
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.