Big Data Developer
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of engineers. We are redesigning our data pipeline and you will be responsible for building big data solution form ground up and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Responsibilities for Data Engineer
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
• Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
Qualifications for Data Engineer
• Strong SQL knowledge including stored procedure creation
• Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• Experience manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
• We are looking for a candidate with 2+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
• Experience with batch and stream processing systems tools
• Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
• Experience with cloud services: AWS, Azure or Google
• Experience with at least one object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
5+ years of relevant work experience and/or Master's degree in computer science or related field
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.