Senior Research Analyst - Power The Team:
The analyst will join the North American Power and Renewable's team, which conducts industry research and provides forecast of electricity generation, capacity additions and market prices to a variety of clients. The Impact:
The analyst will work closely with other research team members to analyze policy, technology and trends and their impact on power and renewable markets. The scope of responsibilities will vary over time, involving analysis relating to the energy transition, wholesale power market developments, renewable policy, power supply economics, and distributed energy resources. What's in it for you:
The position provides an opportunity for a successful candidate to advise clients on the drivers shaping markets, advance their knowledge of power markets and work with a highly collaborative team of researchers. The analyst will perform research, contribute to written reports and other deliverables, and assist with consulting projects. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Collect data and maintain models, perform research and analysis on specific topical areas within the context of broader power market dynamics.
- Lead or contribute to regular reports including forecasts, market and policy updates, and development trends.
- Carry out topical research to help clients understand drivers, trends, competitive landscape, and opportunities.
- Deliver insights through written reports, presentations, and client interactions
- Participate in consulting project development and delivery
- Collaborate with energy researchers on broader reports and studies
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics or industry-related field required. Graduate degree with quantitative skills strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and to navigate in a matrix organization.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). PowerBI experience preferred
- Proficiency in programming languages (python, Julia, SQL, VBA) and/or familiarity with power modeling software (AuroraXMP, other production cost or capacity expansion models) preferred
Washington DC, Boston MA Compensation /Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $58,300k to $115,850 k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.