The Consultant will actively participate in ongoing client engagements, business development and development of IHS Markit proprietary microsimulation models. Responsibilities
Education & experience
- Developing workforce supply and demand projections for various health occupations and medical specialties using R programming
- Tracking trends in health care use and delivery, including emerging healthcare delivery models
- Conducting literature reviews to inform key inputs in health-economic models
- Preparing reports and other client deliverables, including manuscripts for peer reviewed journal submission
- Project management
- Assisting with business development
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in economics, mathematics or quantitative health-related field (e.g., health services research)
- 0-5 years related experience (depending on Analyst or Consultant candidates) traditionally acquired by working in industry, government, or consulting. Strong background in economics, statistics/econometrics, simulation modeling, or data analysis
- Experience using statistical software packages such as R, SAS, Stata, or SPSS required
- Preference given to candidates with experience analyzing survey data and/or experience with R programming language, including dplyr and other tidyverse packages
- Proficiency in MS applications including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to work across multi-disciplinary teams toward common solutions
- Flexible and a team worker within a matrix organizational structure
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.