JobDescription : The Role:
Software Engineer The Location:
Charlottesville / Richmond VA The Team:
We are seeking a Software Engineer with experience designing and building RESTful APIs to join one of our Agile Scrum teams. This team is focused around building out a REST API for data ingestion and consumption at a Fortune 500 company that looks to monetize its data assets through high growth revenue avenues. The Impact:
We are in search of a highly motivated and skilled Software Engineer who is ready to take their career to the next level in a fast growing company. Do you love working on Technical Projects as well as getting in the trenches and working with the team to get the work done? What is in it for you:
You will be a contributing member of an Agile Scrum team accountable for delivering high quality software to customers. The opportunity to dig in to complicated technical details surrounding product requirements and specifications. Work with and guide our Product Owners, Software Architects, and others to implement technical specifications using industry standard, best-in-class coding practices. Promote a team culture and environment Responsibilities:
What we are looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Development, testing, and release of assigned project deliverables for software development projects that support key business needs.
- Develop code that satisfy end-to-end specifications, conform to architectural governance standards and result in building high quality, high performance, and scalable software.
- Working with SQL Server and related technologies to allow the creation of and the support of data migrations and transformations
- Creating, maintaining and versioning API's in the AWS management layer
- Design and support cloud integration and error reporting solutions
- Create error logging and reporting solutions to customers and other stakeholders
- Produce system design documents.
- Collaborate effectively with technical partners.
- Be able to document and demonstrate solutions by writing documentation, diagrams, and code comments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
- 7 - 9 years of significant experience in RESTful API development using XML, JSON, CSV and SQL, ASP.NET experience and modern API technologies is required.
- Knowledge of writing complex and efficient SQL for relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server is essential.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-oriented development.
- Knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns that scale and are performant.
- Understanding of product versioning, packaging and deployment.
- Experience developing and deploying RESTful APIs in the AWS cloud
- Experience mentoring and leading a team of software developers
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If accommodations are needed during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and the request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law