Settlement, Clearing and Collateral Management Sr. Analyst-Associate - Markets Group
Who we are:
The New York Fed, on behalf of the Federal Reserve System, offers correspondent banking and custody services to foreign and international monetary authorities (FIMA) and the System Open Market Account (SOMA) to facilitate their official financial operations, as well as supporting financial stability in the U.S. and abroad. The Central Bank and International Account Services (CBIAS) area of the New York Fed's Markets Group serves the U.S. dollar reserve management needs of its official customers by offering payments, custodial, clearing and settlement, collateral management, and investment and liquidity services. CBIAS has a long history of providing safe and efficient banking services to its customer base by fulfilling a range of responsibilities in helping to manage over $7 trillion for over 550 accounts across 250 FIMA customers and SOMA with transaction volume presently exceeding $300 billion per day. CBIAS currently runs a split operation with staff located at two locations, New York City and Richmond, Virginia.
The Settlement, Clearing and Collateral Management (SCCM) Directorate within CBIAS is responsible for all clearing and settlement services for SOMA market operations and FIMA accounts activities, as well as collateral management services. The Clearing and Settlement Services (CSS) business line of CBIAS is currently seeking an analyst to perform a variety of business and operational activities in providing vital confirmation, clearing, settlement, and payment services to support the SOMA and FIMA portfolios. This position offers a unique blend of business analysis, process re-engineering and collaboration with business and technical support areas to develop and incorporate solutions that will improve and automate the execution of business processes. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to demonstrate their unique blend of operations, analytical and technical skills in this position. Your role as a Settlement, Clearing, and Collateral Management Analyst:
Qualifications: What we are looking for:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the clearing and settlement services business with a focus on effectively performing settlement operations, resolving issues and addressing inquiries/needs of foreign central banks, international agencies, and the SOMA’s Open Market Operations Desk.
- Collaborate with staff and management to continuously analyze existing processes or to develop new ones (through the use of automation for example) to increase efficiency of activities and reduce operational risk.
- Develop a strong understanding of the systems that support the operation to effectively troubleshoot operational issues and communicate business requirements in the context of these systems when participating in efforts with technical support staffs.
- Provide support to CSS, CBIAS and Markets Group projects as they arise by participating and contributing in meetings when necessary, advocating business needs, communicating issues and working with various internal and external parties
This position requires access to FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so. Screening Requirement: This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The screening areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reaches out to your references and people that know you well. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
- Bachelor's level degree in business, finance, economics or related field.
- 3 – 5 years of financial services operations or relevant work experience.
- Experience in data management and analysis, specifically in querying, managing, and manipulating data using Excel, Crystal, or Access is a plus.
- Ability to think critically, assimilate new information, make sound decisions, manage multiple responsibilities and respond effectively in time pressured situations or to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to proactively forge and maintain effective working relationships with staff and management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to appropriately convey information to staff, management and others. Effective presentation skills are also desirable.
- Ability in taking on initiative and in being self-directed.
- Experience in supporting or managing projects is a plus.