Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
The Role: Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
The Location: Richmond, VA
Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other functions in Technology & the business to deliver quality products by providing software testing services and quality assurance, that continuously improve our customer's ability to succeed. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for the architecture, design and quick turnaround in development of our products with high quality. The team is located globally.
You will ensure the quality of our deliverable meets and exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders and evangelize the established quality standards and processes. Your challenge will be reducing the "the time to market" for products without compromising the quality, by leveraging technology and innovation. These products are directly associated to revenue growth and operations enablement. You strive to achieve personal objectives and contribute to the achievement of team objectives, by working on problems of varying scope where analysis of situations and/or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
What's in it for you
Do you love working every single day testing enterprise-scale applications that serve a large customer base with growing demand and usage? Be the part of a successful team which works on delivering top priority projects which will directly contribute to Company's strategy. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different teams internally. You will also get a plenty of learning and skill-building opportunities with participation in innovation projects, training and knowledge sharing. You will have the opportunity to own and drive a project end to end and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain which can help you to build multiple skillsets. Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 - $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits.
For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
From https://wd5.myworkday.com/spgi/d/inst/1$17/5303$47242.htmld?refresh=true&ref=%2Fspgi%2Finst%2F1%2417%2F5303%2447242%2Ehtmld#TABINDEX=2&SUBTABINDEX=0 >
• Manage global human capital from QA perspective to ensure smooth delivery of projects in and Agile/Scrum framework. Oversee team participation in team meetings to support adequate project scoping, design reviews, test planning, and technical documentation review for assigned projects.
• Provide directions and guidance to managers/direct reports on testing activities on assigned projects; analyze requirements and ensure the testing strategy is aligned to a risk-based approach while mitigating risk exposure within all phases of project.
• Review, monitor and control the execution of automated test suites, identifying issues and potential gaps in reliable and efficient test suites to enable continuous improvements.
• Enable teams to adopt and utilize test automation tools to develop and maintain automated regression test suite.
• Create reports and communications QA governance of testing processes, data, and execution metrics to help drive improvement in team performance.
• Perform project risk analysis for features/projects in your ownership, provide mitigation and escalate appropriately.
• Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders both within and outside department to analyze any issues, provide root cause analysis and resolution.
• Communicate effectively with major business stakeholders including non-technical audience and senior executives, provide cross-function coordination and collaboration.
• Ensure team members are adhering to procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Estimate and perform risk analysis for complex projects. Prioritize tasks for a team to ensure critical deliverables are completed on time.
• Manage staffing of QA resources with required skillset to meet project requirement
• Review automation, manual, and performance tests and make suggestions for ways to improve quality
• Mentor a team of engineers and provide technical leadership, skill-building and support to team. Develop action plans to execute initiatives, implement new ideas and best practices.
What we're looking for:
• Experience in staffing and managing QA managers and resources
• Strong teambuilding and people development skills with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication.
• Excellent collaboration skills with stakeholders at all leadership levels including technology partners and departments operating globally.
• Able to develop/upskill resources technically through established channels to solve technical challenges
• Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Testing techniques in an Agile/Scrum framework. Scaled Agile 2.0 would be added advantage.
• Ability to lead testing projects, motivate the team to achieve business objectives.
• Experienced with at least one of the well-known/open source automation frameworks.
• Good understanding of SQL and databases, should be comfortable in writing SQL queries.
• Experience working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture is a must.
• Knowledge of OOP and coding skills in any language is a must.
• Well-versed with Cloud technologies like AWS/Azure infrastructure and micro-services, containers integration testing is desirable.
• Knowledge of testing in continuous integration, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade models is highly desirable.
• Expertise in developing test strategy, test plans and test cases, engaging in Exploratory Testing, creating and analyzing Defect Reports and root-cause analysis
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience of delivering effective documentation and presentations
• Excellent ability to manage project teams, prioritize tasks, track and report progress and ensuring delivery on time.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
• Bachelor's or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
From https://careers.spglobal.com/ShowJob/Id/2618177/Business-Analyst/ >
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
260953 Posted On:
Richmond, Virginia, United States