Senior Manager, Finance
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
Senior Manager, Financial Grade
(relevant for internal applicants only): 12 The Location:
Eastern US Time Zone The Team:
S&P Global Market Intelligence doesn't just provide essential information to our external customers. Our Finance team supports the provides information, insights, and decision support to internal business partners to optimize financial performance and decision making. The Impact:
You will be serving as the primary finance business partner to the Technology management team. With strong leadership, attention to detail and excellent communication and influencing skills, you will support the execution of the management team's key priorities and strategies. You will consistently meet with senior segment leadership as they make decisions that impact our global growth and will help them understand the financial performance of their business and facilitate the efficient use of company resources. Key Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Qualifications:
- Manage the monthly close process for the Market Intelligence Technology function
- Analyze monthly expense, headcount, and other critical performance measures; articulate insights and recommend actions to business stakeholders
- Develop and review monthly reporting packages with business partners to improve transparency into financial performance and improve decision making
- Prepare monthly forecasts, annual operating budgets, and multi-year strategic plans.
- Review and approve hiring and external vendor spend requests
- Prepare and review financial models and business cases to support business priorities
- Drive continuous process improvement with the goal of increasing efficiency and optimizing the distribution of work through automation, leveraging of centers of excellence and other solutions.
- Manage one employee that provides operational and finance support for the Market Intelligence Technology function
- Work independently and as a fully contributing member of a multi-locational team with challenging, often conflicting deadlines.
- Assist with preparation of materials for the Quarterly Financial Review, Quarterly Business Review and Board of Director deliverables as required.
- Perform ad-hoc requests and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 4 years' experience of financial analysis
- Proven experience providing decision support and financial leadership to senior stakeholders
- Strong skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, and enterprise planning tools
- Strong communication skills; ability to tailor messaging to the intended audience and communicate complex concepts effectively
- Advanced analytical skills; ability to draw insights from historical performance and understanding of business priorities to inform financial forecasts and recommend courses of action
- Experience with multi-dimensional OLAP reporting systems
- Ability to operate independently and effectively in dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles is preferred.
- Project management experience a plus
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- MBA or master's degree in Finance
- Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, or other analytical tools preferred.
- Familiarity with Lean and Agile/SAFe principles and frameworks
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $82,600 to $230,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit
https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit
www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster
http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
260731 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States