Mortgage Loan Processor 3
Job Description : Job Description
Provides quality loan processing in a paperless work environment, reviewing files for adherence to underwriting standards and ensuring completeness of underwriting submission. Maintains positive working relationships between peers and managers as well as with clients, realtors, builders, referral sources, and other internal partners. Act as a liaison between client, loan officer and/or realtor, underwriters, closers and other internal partners to collect necessary documentation, provide current loan status and to close loans on time. Successful in using critical thinking and analytical skills to process loans. Demonstrate the ability to work on the loan origination system. Meet monthly performance metrics (productivity/quality), and satisfactory client delight customer survey scores. Ability to manage time effectively.
Incumbents in this position would typically possess >3 years of loan processing experience and/or previous positions requiring analysis and customer service experience. The individual must be capable of independently processing a wide variety of loan types and a pipeline of at least 25 loans. The individual will be required to:
- Identify any potential issue or concerns regarding loan reasonableness or potential fraud/misrepresentation and escalate to next level manager or Loan Risk and Recovery depending on the circumstances.
- Insure Settlement Agents meet Residential mortgage business eligibility criteria before submission of loan to closing.
- Knowledge of regulatory changes, external and internal compliance requirements, and investor guidelines to insure loan salability
- Experience using agency automated underwriting systems
- Be an advocate of the client; ability to quickly resolve customer escalations and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf