Head of Site Reliability Engineering
Grade ( relevant for internal applicants only ): 14
S&P Market Intelligence organization is looking for someone who can lead an emerging teams of Site Reliability Engineers to design, deliver and support platforms powering our business. As the Head of Site Reliability Engineering, you will be part of the organization's journey to move towards a scale agile model across the technology teams. You will lead a team responsible for providing scalability, reliability and stability solutions for our growing business needs. Our platforms provides information, and analysis that help our customers gain valuable insights into market segments that drives investment decisions.
What you'll do:
• Lead, automate and operate our platforms and make it more reliable, stable, and scalable as our usage grows and technology transformed.
• Develop and lead a strategy to build SRE practice with an emerging teams of engineers.
• Transition and collaborate with leaders across S&P Technology organizations to help drive our migration to cloud-based solutions.
• Work with software engineers, product managers, and designers to identify and tackle problems, creating an engineering culture within the organization.
• You will initiate, influence and drive SRE within technology organizations and work with product teams on operations and support model.
• You will define what it means for the system to be available and dictate the availability SLO of the system.
• Build and support on-prem environment as needed.
• Improve our service observability.
• Improve our incident response and maintain operational excellence.
• Establish key objectives and project prioritization for the teams.
• Develop and run hackthon programs across technology teams.
• Work to integrate functions with upcoming merger. Need to rationalize systems, if applicable, develop a plan to align practices, and build a team in response to the growing and evolving business needs and strategies.
• Be a change agent and shape culture.
Who you are:
• You are an experienced Site Reliability Engineer; Minmum of 5 years' experience in a leadership role
• Proven record of team and functional transformation.
• Experience working and/or leading in an Agile environment - experience in Scaled Agile organization a plus.
• Ability to lead across geographically disparate organizations.
• Must be able to engage and influence stakeholders on complex issues.
• Know how to use automation tools like Terraform, Jenkins, or Ancible
• Are experienced with deploying and operating services on Linux/Windows
• Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
• AWS experience - holder of AWS certifications a plus.
• As a great influencer with great communication skills, you love sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $148,200 to $338,600 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261664 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States