Senior Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer / Java
Herndon, VA / Plano TX / remote
Cognizant is a strategic partner to the Fortune 2,000, helping the world's most influential companies to build software and solutions, empowering our clients' businesses and enabling their competitive advantages.
Cognizant Interactive helps clients reinvent products, experiences and business models to create new value, differentiation and drive revenue in the digital economy. We take an Experience centered approach
which uses human insights to take ideas from vision to outcome and building end to end experience led solutions that enables brands to transform their customer and employee experiences using design, marketing and commerce capabilities
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer who can work independently with no help from the internal teams and has worked in projects using SCRUM/AGILE methodologies. ? ?
As a Full Stack Engineer , you will be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with application stakeholders and define non-functional requirements covering performance, scalability, availability, resiliency and reliability including Service Level Objectives, Service Level Indicators and Error Budgets
• Develop strategies to address the Non-functional requirements throughout Software or Product Development Life Cycle
• Work with architecture and development teams in creating performant, highly resilient and reliable architecture and design
• Work architecture and development teams in implementing resiliency constructs, develop optimal code
• Work with QA to validate and certify if performance, scalability, availability, resilience and reliability requirements are met
• Develop tools and utilities to automate manual operational tasks in production
• Responsible for incidents related to NFRs, updating SOPs to capture right set of metrics/logs for RCA, Root cause analysis of the incidents, Solutions identification and Ensure permanent closure of the incidents.
• Analyze production utilization and incidents patterns, identify improvement areas and implement automation to improve productivity, avoid manual tasks and recurring incidents.
• Strong communication and presentation skills with emphasis on executive communication
• Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly. Eagerness to learn new things REQUIREMENTS:
· 8+ years of experience on Java/J2EE applications with one of web servers (Apache Tomcat, IBM HTTP Server), one of the application servers (WebSphere/Weblogic/JBoss), one of the databases (Oracle/SQLServer/DB2)
· Experience in working with AWS cloud and cloud components
· Excellent understanding and demonstrated experience in the use of DevOps/CICD tools like Jenkins, Jules and Automated deployment tools
· Working knowledge on one of Unix operating systems
· Knowledge on Cloud technologies and containerization using Docker & Kubernetes
· Automation experience with Ansible play books and programming languages like Java, Perl, Python or PowerShell Scripting and Ansible play book
· Knowledge on performance tuning of enterprise level Java/J2EE applications (Web and Application Servers Configuration, JVM parameters tuning, GC and Heap Size, Message Broker)
· Experience in implementing resiliency design patterns using Hystrix, Service Mesh or similar frameworks and validation using chaos monkey type frameworks
· Excellent knowledge on at least one tool in each of the following category
· Profiling – Jprofiler/ Dynatrace
· Monitoring - Wily Introscope/AppDynamics/DynaTrace/Splunk/Cloud Watch/Stack Driver
· Analysis –HP Diagnostics / GC log Analysis/ Thread Dump Analyzer / Heap Analyzer
· Performance testing - Load Runner/Silk Performer/Jmeter/NeoLoad
· Experience in trouble shooting Performance / Scalability / Availability issues in production environment
· Experience in Performance Test Modeling
· Experience in Capacity Planning
· Ability to come up with solutions using technical knowledge and tools