Insurance Account Specialist
- Herndon, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA)
- 25 Jan 18 2018-01-25
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 59,000 pilots at 33 U.S. and Canadian airlines), seeks an experienced Insurance Account Specialist for our Herndon, Virginia, office.
As in integral part of the Member Insurance Team, the Insurance Account Specialist serves as the technical lead for the maintenance and improvement of ALPA’s member insurance systems and for the creation of dashboards and views to develop requested reports and tracking of insurance products offered, including Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Associations (VEBAs). S/he supports the administration of member insurance product rates and policy structures, account reconciliations, and departmental reporting, utilizing reporting tools to surface data within member records for use in operational and trend analysis. S/he is also responsible for the monthly billing and the insurance check-off process.
Travel: 0 – 5 %.
Minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, e.g., accounting, finance, or related field, from an accredited college or university is required; or, the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three (3) years of related experience required; four (4) or more years of billing/analyst experience preferred.
• Experience with billing/reconciliations, reporting, data analysis, and the like, strongly preferred.
• Data analysis knowledge sufficient to engage in requirements discussions with IT and to work effectively within existing databases essential.
• Voluntary benefits insurance experience is a definite plus.
• Working knowledge of VEBAs strongly preferred.
• Association and/or membership programs experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent attention to detail with analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with contacts, internal and external.
• Demonstrated ability to work as an integral part of a team.
• Software: Microsoft Excel (Data and Pivot Tables), Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required. Customer relationship management (CRM) software experience strongly preferred. Lawson financial software, Infor expense processing, Aptify, and/or Tableau analytics platform experience preferred.
• Able to work a flexible schedule on short notice as needed.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Routinely operates a computer. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office and the local metropolitan area, determine what others have said or written, and frequently converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and travel (locally and nationally). May also include occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, could be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, boxes, cases, and/or files weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
Please apply online at https://jobs-alpa.icims.com/jobs/1279/insurance-account-specialist/job
ALPA offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits, including:
• 26 days paid vacation and holidays per year;
• Generous sick and bereavement leave;
• Generous health care benefits – PPO, two HMO’s (where available) and a High Deductible Health Plan which includes coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employee, spouse, and/or dependent children;
• Company-paid premiums for disability and life insurance;
• $2 for $1 matching 401(k) retirement savings plan; Roth 401k;
• Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts; and
• Retiree health plan.
The Air Line Pilots Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation Not Provided.