Budget & Financial Analyst
- Herndon, VA, USA Herndon VA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA)
- 09 Mar 18 2018-03-09
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 60,000 pilots at 34 U.S. and Canadian airlines) seeks an experienced Budget & Financial Analyst for our Herndon, Virginia, office.
The Budget & Financial Analyst is an integral contributor to a staff group that is responsible for short-, intermediate- and long-term projects, including development of the ALPA budget proposal to the Executive Council; s/he works with Council officers and department directors to model budget proposals, execution, and reporting; and, forecast revenues and project cash flows under diverse economic and other conditions. S/he is also critical in the development and communication of financial analysis and dashboards for budget administrators and executives. Projects are complex, time sensitive, and of critical importance to the Association; involve working in conjunction with other staff, departments, and committees; and, require interaction with - and analysis of and recommendations for - National Officers, MEC Officers, committees, and management.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, a problem solver, and have strong communication skills, including the ability to explain budget, financial, and other concepts and results.
Travel: 2 - 10 %.
Minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant area, e.g., Finance, Economics, or other related discipline, from an accredited college or university required; master’s degree or completion of post-graduate courses a plus; or, the equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
• Three (3) years of related experience required, five (5) or more strongly preferred.
• Strong quantitative and computer-modeling skills required.
• Database reporting skills strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of budget and financial methods, data analysis techniques, and modelling of budget and financial performance preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with internal executives, pilots, staff, and external contacts.
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
• Must possess solid time management skills; be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment; work independently on multiple projects; and, transition easily between projects.
• Software: Microsoft Excel (including Pivot Tables), Word, Power Point, and Outlook required. Previous experience with Tableau and Lawson Financial Suite a plus.
Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.
Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office, determine what others have said or written, and converse with others and exchange accurate information.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and travel locally and nationally; international travel may be infrequently required. Also includes occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.
Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, may be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve luggage weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)
Please apply online at https://jobs-alpa.icims.com/jobs/1282/budget-%26-financial-analyst/job
ALPA offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits, including:
• 26 days paid vacation and holidays per year;
• Generous sick and bereavement leave;
• Generous health care benefits – PPO, two HMO’s (where available) and a High Deductible Health Plan which includes coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employee, spouse, and/or dependent children;
• Company-paid premiums for disability and life insurance;
• $2 for $1 matching 401(k) retirement savings plan; Roth 401k;
• Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts; and
• Retiree health plan.
The Air Line Pilots Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Relocation Not Provided