Senior Software Engineer
: Senior Software Developer The Role (internal)
: Engineer III, Software Development Grade Level:
10 (internal purpose only) The Location
: Richmond or Charlottesville, VA or Boston, MA The Team:
The 451 Research team is a new addition to S&P. 451 Research was acquired in December 2019 and has been hard at work integrating 451 Research's systems and data into the broader S&P landscape. The Impact:
The 451 Research scrum team works on the existing 451 systems which include data products like the Datacenter KnowledgeBase, M&A KnowledgeBase, and the Cloud Price Index. We are hard at work integrating the data from these systems into the S&P product Xpressfeed with an eye on the future to integrate these systems directly into the S&P MI platform. This is an exciting time to come aboard, you will have a direct impact many of the challenges we face as the integration work marches on. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 - $155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . What's in it for you:
We are a global company and a global team with a history of delivering high value product feeds which drives over 500M in revenue for the S&P Global Market Intelligence division. You will get hands on experience developing, deploying, and support the products. Being small agile teams, you will see the results of your development and feel the success of the business as you successfully deliver on projects. In addition, you will get to work with a highly knowable and energetic team working to solve complex business problems in a fast, highly productive environment.
The 451 Research scrum team is a team of empathetic, hard-working, intelligent individuals who enjoy a great work-life balance. You will enjoy the great people that you work with along with S&P's fantastic benefits. Responsibilities
- Follows Agile best practices and adheres to the Scrum framework.
- Aid in the development of new products, services or technologies.
- Develop project plans for less complex projects.
- Has advanced knowledge of software development engineering processes.
- Solve a range of routine to complex problems and determine possible solutions, weighing the costs and benefits.
- Solve problems with minimal oversight or interaction and with general instruction on new work assignments.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners.
- Bachelor's degree OR a portfolio that demonstrates equivalent educational experience (ex: you are an active contributor to an open-source project)
- A minimum of 3-5 years of strong experience in application development using Java or .NET technologies.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, .NET framework and design patterns.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, test-driven development.
- Good experience with developing solutions involving relational database technologies on SQL Server platform and stored procedure programming experience using Transact SQL.
The 451 team has legacy systems that do not match the S&P tech stack. These systems will be slowly phased out but there is still lots of work to do on them before that happens. This is a 'nice to have' list of technologies that you will encounter.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Laravel framework
- basic linux server admin
- AWS certifications/experience
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
259948 Posted On:
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States