Quality Engineer ll
: Engineer II; Quality Engineering Location
: Centennial, CO, Richmond or Charlottesville, VA, New York City, or Princeton, NJ Grade Level
: 09 (internal use only) The Team
Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other functions in Technology & the business to deliver quality products by providing software testing services and quality assurance, that continuously improve our customer's ability to succeed. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for the architecture, design and quick turnaround in development of our products with high quality. The team is located globally. The Impact
You will ensure the quality of our deliverable meets and exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders and evangelize the established quality standards and processes. Your challenge will be reducing the "the time to market" for products without compromising the quality, by leveraging technology and innovation. These products are directly associated to revenue growth and operations enablement. You strive to achieve personal objectives and contribute to the achievement of team objectives, by working on problems of varying scope where analysis of situations and/or data requires a review of a variety of factors. What's in it for you
Do you love working every single day testing enterprise-scale applications that serve a large customer base with growing demand and usage? Be the part of a successful team which works on delivering top priority projects which will directly contribute to Company's strategy. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different teams internally. You will also get a plenty of learning and skill-building opportunities with participation in innovation projects, training and knowledge sharing. You will have the opportunity to own and drive a project end to end and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain which can help you to build multiple skillsets. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $46,200 - $129,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities
• Work in an Agile environment and adhere to all QA best practices.
• Work in partnership with Scrum team members, including engineering and product management, to deliver business functionality on-time, with required quality, and that meets the acceptance criteria
• Write test cases and scenarios from the requirements/designs; manage bug tracking.
• Create, trigger, monitor and control the execution of automated test suites, identifying issues and potential gaps.
• Support QA governance of test processes, data, and execution metrics to help drive improve the performance of team.
• Perform risk analysis for features/projects in your ownership, provide mitigation and escalate appropriately.
• Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders to analyze, debug and resolve any issues. What we're looking for:
• Good understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Testing in an Agile/Scrum framework.
• Strong analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with ability to work with technology stakeholders at various levels, and including global teams.
• Understanding of SQL and databases, should be comfortable in writing SQL queries
• Hands on doing test automation using any automation framework.
• Good knowledge and understanding of SOA architecture.
• Programming concepts with OOP and coding skills in any language.
• Knowledge of testing in continuous integration/DevOps models is a plus.
• Understanding of Cloud technologies like AWS/Azure and micro-services, containers integration testing will be added advantage. Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor's or higher degree in technology related field. About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
257507 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States