Software Development Engineer in Testing II
JobDescription : The Role:
S&P Global Market Intelligence, a premier sector-focused news and financial information provider, is looking for a Quality Engineer to join our technology team.
The Impact: Make significant contribution in building solutions to test Web/Windows Apps/API/Services, framing of efficient data comparison methodologies and most importantly, enhancing the quality of the delivery by employing innovative and cutting edge technologies while testing.
What's in it for you:
• An ever challenging environment to hone your existing skills on Automation, Web services , SQL Scripting
• A great opportunity to think and execute like Developer while performing the role of QA.
• To be part of an organization which values 'Culture of Urgency' and 'Shift Left' approaches.
• Build a fulfilling career with a global financial technology company. What We're Looking For:
- 2-4 years of experience in software testing or development with good understanding of testing, coding and debugging procedures
- Experience in programming using Python/C#/Java or other languages
- Experience in design and development of automated tests using automation tools (e.g. Selenium, Appium) with exposure in testing across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers/Mobile)
- Experience in advising team to identify automatable test cases at different layers (UI, Services and Data layer tests). Ability to working with developers to build automation/performance friendly code is a plus.
- Experience in refactoring test automation/performance suites as necessary
- Experience working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
- Experience of SQL/PL-SQL, writing SQL queries, stored procedures and RDBMS
- Exposure to Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices and experience in Agile methodology is highly desirable
- Exposure to testing in CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model is highly desirable
- Experience in developing Test Plans and Test Cases, engage in Exploratory Testing, creating and maintaining Defect Reports
- Experience in performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center/StormRunner, JMeter.
- Demonstrate ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
About S&P Global
- Strong communication skills and ability to produce clear, concise and detailed documentation
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.