Software Developer II
GL 9 (internal purpose only)
S&P Global Sustainable1, a best-in-class single source of Essential Sustainability Intelligence provider, is looking for a Software Developer to join our Software Development team. The Impact:
You will utilize your technical knowledge and analytical skills to develop the products that our clients use daily. You will help the software design, coding, code reviews and stretch your knowledge as we come up with new solutions to the challenges we encounter. We provide the data and analytics required for every single day decisions in the capital and commodities markets. The Career Opportunity:
Are you encouraged by meaningful tasks that can directly impact the business? Do you enjoy working with global teams? In this role, you have a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally. As a software developer with us, the chance to work on enterprise level products and new technologies is presented constantly. Our technology is continuously evolving, ensuring that you are always learning new skills and facing new challenges. Your growth potential is endless. The Team/The Business:
We have teams made up of people that learns how to work effectively together, while working with the larger group of developers on our platform. Opportunities are presented every single day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and you have the opportunity to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. Job Responsibilities:
Experience and proficiency with a variety of System tools including:
- Solve problems, analyze and isolate issues
- Build solutions to develop/support key business needs
- Engineer components and common services based on standard development models, languages and tools
- Produce system design documents
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
- Quickly learn new and internal technologies.
- Bachelor's /Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in application development using Microsoft Technologies.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, .NET framework and design patterns.
- Experienced with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development. SAFe experience is a plus.
- Experienced with developing solutions involving relational database technologies on SQL Server platform, stored procedure programming experience using Transact SQL.
- Experience with debugging, logging, performance monitoring, data visualization and data analytics.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- AWS, Mapping technologies, Containerization, Docker, Google Analytics/Google Tag manager, Big Data.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $56,600 - $129,200. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
262095 Posted On:
Richmond, Virginia, United States