Senior Software Developer
: Senior Software Developer Grade
: 10 (internal use only) The Location
: Charlottesville or Richmond, VA; Centennial, CO (for the right candidate) Impact
We are looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic and skilled software engineer to join an agile scrum team developing technology solutions for S&P Global Market Intelligence. The team is responsible for modernizing and migrating the internal and product platform utilizing latest technologies. Responsibilities
- Architect, design, and implement software related projects.
- Perform analyses and articulate solutions.
- Manage and improve existing solutions.
- Solve a variety of complex problems and figure out possible solutions, weighing the costs and benefits.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Active participation in all scrum ceremonies following Agile principles and best practices
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience in application development
- Passionate, smart, and articulate developer
- Hands on development experience using C#, .Net 4.0/4.5, JAVA, WPF, Asp.Net.
- Have experience working with SQL & Oracle databases
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Experience implementing: Web Services (with WCF, RESTful JSON, SOAP, TCP), Windows Services, and Unit Tests
- Experience working in cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Apache Hadoop and Spark is a plus
- Able to demonstrate strong OOP skills
- Excellent problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Experience with large scale messaging systems such as Kafka or RabbitMQ or commercial systems.
- Good work ethic, self-starter, and results-oriented
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
- Agile/Scrum experience a plus
- Familiarity and/or enthusiasm with Data Science / Machine Learning is a plus
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
258861 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States