Senior Financial Analyst, ACV workstream/Revenue & ACV Finance team
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role: Senior Financial Analyst, ACV workstream/Revenue & ACV Finance team Grade (relevant for internal applicants only) 10 The Role:
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for all aspects of the ACV monthly reporting and more complex analysis including day-to-day management of one team member performing the less complex analysis, and will report to Finance Manager, ACV workstream. In addition, you will be asked to assist with special projects related to ACV reporting enhancements and automation utilizing Tableau and Alteryx on ad hoc basis. The Location:
The role will be in the US Eastern Time Zone. The Impact:
This position will ensure that all monthly ACV reporting and analysis is delivered timely and accurately to facilitate decision making by the management. They will work with ACV workstream and Revenue and Cost of Sales ("COS") workstream leads of the Revenue and ACV team to achieve further synergies between workstreams. The Career Opportunity:
The role offers the opportunity to work on monthly ACV reporting and analyze internal KPIs within our Revenue and ACV team within S&P Global Market Intelligence's Finance department. With direct involvement in monthly ACV management reporting there is an opportunity to get exposure to variety of business partners in commercial organization. In addition, this role will assist in transformation of ACV workstream from just being able to focus on reporting to cover both reporting and analytics as we leverage existing technologies to improve processes. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55.9k to $127.7k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . The Team / The Business:
The S&P Global Market Intelligence Finance team consists of employees in US, India, Pakistan, and Philippines. The ACV and Revenue team is currently based in New York, Charlottesville, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, and Manila. The team also interacts with other divisions and S&P Global Corporate. Your Skills:
Detail oriented financial analyst who can execute on day to day reporting and analysis while progressing multiple deliverables and managing junior team member. Strong knowledge of ACV and Subscription Revenue required. Bachelor's Degree or higher in quantitative field (Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math or related field). CPA is preferred, but not required. 3+ years' work experience in public accounting or private accounting or finance department. Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials), Zuora, Salesforce.com, Tableau, Alteryx, and Cognos TM1 is preferred. Responsibilities:
- Execute on multiple deliverables for monthly ACV reporting.
- Ensure proper review controls and procedures are followed for ACV reporting.
- Assist with monthly close activities related to ACV and monthly ACV management reporting.
- Participate in ongoing integration between ACV and Revenue and COS workstreams.
- Assist in transformation of ACV workstream leveraging existing technologies such as Alteryx, Tableau, AWS to remove and reduce manual processes that currently rely on excel.
- Support overall business unit reporting requirements. Develop knowledge and understanding of the financial systems that are critical to the reporting process.
- Prepare analysis for ad hoc requests and special projects and provide direct support to Finance Manager responsible for the ACV workstream.
- Provide day to day guidance to junior team member.
- Provide thorough and accurate responses to senior management and business leads inquires.
- Performs ad hoc analyses as requested to help management make informed decisions regarding the short- and long-term objectives of the business.
- Alert management to reporting or operational problems and suggest actionable solutions.
About Company Statement: S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in quantitative field (Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math or related field). CPA is preferred.
- 3+ years' relevant work experience in public accounting or private accounting or finance department.
- Experience guiding/mentoring junior team members within an accounting or finance department.
- Strong knowledge of subscription revenue is required.
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials), Zuora, Salesforce.com, Tableau, Alteryx and Cognos TM1 is preferred.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop and implement innovative solutions for resolving operational and financial problems.
- Demonstrate investigative research and analytical capabilities necessary to accurate and insightful interpretation of financial information.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability with an inquisitive mind.
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
260455 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States