Senior Business Analyst
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 May 19
Senior Business Analyst
The Role: Senior Business Analyst
The Location: Charlottesville, VA or Richmond, VA
- End-to-end specification, development, testing, and release of assigned project deliverables for software development projects.
- Utilizing advanced SQL skills to write custom queries, stored procedures and functions.
- Participates in the scoping of proposed improvements, and works with Content Managers, Product Managers, or other Project Managers to turn business requirements into actionable developer specifications.
- Works to mitigate risk while owning tasks, resources, and changes.
- Works independently to provide for data transformation, testing, solving problems, and end-to-end user support needs.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on limited experience and discernment to plan and accomplish goals.
- 5+ years of experience as a business analyst, project manager, systems analyst or similar in a technical environment
- Strong SQL skills and familiarity
- Ability to establish and execute against project plans and timelines
- Ability to clearly bring together and document software requirements
- Strong Critical Thinking and analytical skills
- Communication skills (present, active listening, ability to build consensus, and support across functions and at all levels
- Data analysis experience and solid understanding of structured databases
- Experience managing business analysts or project managers
- Experience working against project deadlines within a matrixed organization
- Hands-on experience with coding or technical details
- Experience working in large, global teams
- Understanding of the financial services industry is a plus
- An understanding of Agile methodologies; scrum certified is a big plus
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.