- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Feb 19
The Role: As a Sales Intern, you are responsible for promoting a portfolio of products to current and target customers with a focus on Community Banks. You will identify key decision makers and influencers with target prospects and execute sales strategy collaboratively with sales members, client services, and product management to optimize product and service delivery.
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team / The Business: We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization. We reward hard work, dedication, and self-starters. We believe that no one part is more valuable than the sum of the whole; we need everyone to achieve our goals. You will be paired into teams alongside one or more Senior Sales Executives to mentor their growth and accelerate their onboarding and sales success.
The Impact: Your contribution and dedication to your role is essential as you have a direct impact on new business generation. You will be able to lead from the front and have direct impact for future growth. In doing so you will get help clients identify needs while providing solutions utilizing our products and tools.
What's in it for you?
- Collaborative work environment, with regular mentoring from peers and leadership
- Flexible work environment
- High visibility role, interacting with senior sale representatives daily
- Identify new opportunities within the designated territory
- Establish appointments with senior level executives of these organizations
- Stay current with industry news and issues to understand the potential impact to your current prospects for fine new opportunities.
- Maintain focused approach to daily sales activity pipelines and systems based workflow (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Develop industry specific knowledge necessary to have credible diagnostic conversations
- Engage in team selling to strategic accounts in conjunction with Sales Executives in other industries or Relationship Managers in existing accounts.
What We're Looking For:
- In your 3rd year of college
- Previous internship experience
- Interest in solving problems for clients through the delivery of financial market data solutions and analytical tools.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, and confident in delivering product demonstrations.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.