Product Manager - Product Platforms
- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 May 19
Product Manager - Product Platforms
S&P Global is seeking a Product Manager to work supporting the build out of our interactive mapping application for the S&P Global platform.
Our ideal candidate will have…
- A background in geographic information systems (GIS)
- Experience using popular desktop (ESRI, QGIS) and web mapping applications (ArcGIS Online, Mapbox, Carto, etc.)
- Experience creating user interfaces
- A basic understanding of financial data
The Career Opportunity:
The position plays a key role on the S&P Global Platform Product Management team and for the organization as a whole. The Product Manager role offers exposure to all S&P Global divisions and clients, and opens doors for tremendous career opportunities with S&P Global. In the role, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the mapping capabilities of the S&P Global Platform. You will also be responsible for interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to ensure what we build drives real client value and to ensure that all areas of the business are aware of and are leverage enhancements to the platform.
Our Hiring Manager says / Other Accountabilities:
"Successful candidates will combine an understanding of web mapping platforms with experience building and working with complicated technical systems. In addition, candidates should be able to work well in a team, be highly self-motivated with the ability to execute independently".
- You will have the ability to present to technical audiences commanding sufficient subject matter expertise
- You will have a passion for building product and working with complicated technical systems
- You will be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a given time and under tight deadlines is important
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
The Product Management team works in close collaboration with internal divisions and teams -Sales, Marketing, Account Management and Client Services, Content, and Technology-as well as with our clients to create and deliver the roadmap for platform Mapping capabilities. As Product Manager, you are uniquely positioned to be the main point of contact and source of information for client requests. Your job is to create the best possible Mapping product for our client, including:
- Serving as product or project owner on several high profile, high impact deliverables for our next generation of mapping capabilities from concept through launch
- Working with various internal and external stakeholders to build the roadmap for mapping capabilities
- Work with divisions and their customers to understand, refine and deliver a system that meets their requirements
- Developing and executing on go-to-market strategies for product rollout/launch
- Become the subject matter expert on Mapping, staying up to date on the latest updates in mapping.
- BA/BS in geographic information systems (GIS) preferred or BA/BS in business administration or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of GIS and web mapping conventions
- Strong user experience sensibilities and a desire to discover and fulfill user needs
- 3+ years of product management experience working with Agile/Scrum
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver complex solution
- Demonstrable, directly related product development work experience. Familiarity with major data, research and analytics platforms like CIQ, Factset
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to take on internal and external presentation responsibilities
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.