Director - Reference Data & 3rd-Party Partnerships
JobDescription : The Role:
Director - Reference Data & 3rd-Party Partnerships Location:
Charlottesville, Virginia & Denver, Colorado Grade:
13A (Internal Use Only) The Impact:
Our Reference Data team maintains tools and processes to ingest data from hundreds of sources, internal and external, with significant growth continuing. As a data steward, you will advocate for the dataset through projects designed to improve the dataset's strength, breadth, and quality, while unlocking efficiencies.
Every single day, data stewards partner with Agile development teams, content collection teams, and product partners as they generate and lead implementation on projects for improving the end-user product and foundational data sets. Serving as a pivot point between those groups, you will possess a deep understanding of how data is ingested, mapped, and concorded with existing data sets to present a seamless integration. Our goal is to establish repeatable, transparent workflows utilizing all available in-house data science and automation strategies. Key responsibilities include directing research and feasibility studies for new data sources, evaluating requirements and preparing cost estimates, establishing and monitoring project schedules. Once data sources are on boarded, the maintenance process includes partnering with team members to monitor for errors and adjust workflows, policies, or tool sets to avoid future issues. It also includes presenting and reporting to senior leadership around strategy, progress, and prioritization needs. You will build and model positive relationships across the organization, collaborating with other groups to deliver complex and varied business initiatives. The Team:
Do you love to collaborate? This team consists of thousands of associates worldwide, with a large focus on building new, scalable processes utilizing our industry leading AI and NLP technology teams. In addition to technology implementations, we focus on a LEAN approach to all workflows which opens opportunity to collaborate with a variety of dedicated internal communities staffed with experts in this area. Our team has an ambitious, motivated group of junior staff to assist and grow with. As one of the leaders on the reference data team, you will work with many partners across multi-functional teams to scale up our data onboarding practices, align entity management and event treatment, improve on standard operating procedures, and lead the organization with a transparent, global strategy. What's in it for you?
- Utilize and improve on your project management skills while shaping the strategic direction of our ingestion tools and workflows.
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
What we're looking for: Basic Requirements:
- Own the full project lifecycle (Requirements gathering and consultation, implementation, user acceptance testing, and signoff).
- Implement a strategy for the remaining tools, data structures, and data flows to align with the overall our business strategies
- Provide leadership to content team members that will assist with developing project requirements, assist with planning, and execution of strategy
- Lead major projects in the domain, working closely with product management, the business, and external clients to ensure alignment of direction
- Partner with product management and product support to seek feedback from clients to understand and improve product offering to clients
- Collaborate on change management strategies for external clients to best demonstrate product offerings while limiting disruption to current workflow
- Partner with Content Operations leadership to ensure training plans and materials are updated and effective to have adoption of new policies and procedures
- Partner with the front and back-end technology project teams to ensure projects are sequenced correctly, requirements are defined and project deadlines are met.
- Utilize SQL knowledge and expertise to research data issues in products and collection tools
- Prepare and maintain project updates on key success measurements, including project landmarks and budget targets, and provide periodic updates to the senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to lead major initiatives
- Proven ability with full product lifecycle
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Leads and uses conceptual, innovative and LEAN thinking to solve issues
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, communication and time-management skills
- Proficient in navigating relational databases (SQL, R, Python) and data architecture
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- 3+ years' work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Systems Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with core S&P Market Intelligence product offerings
- Knowledge of vendor management and buy vs. build analysis
- Experience with AI or Natural Language Processing
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.