Director, Global Compensation Lead Grade:
GL13 The Location:
VA, Virtual, Other: NY The Team:
You will be part of S&P Global's People Rewards team responsible for driving the Rewards Strategy, so S&P Global is the destination for top talent to prosper and do their best work. Our team is providing essential intelligence so the business can be successful. This team is constantly looking to innovate and ensure our reward policies and practices are best in class. The Impact:
As Compensation Director, you will drive compensation strategy by evaluating, implementing, educating, and advising on compensation programs. You will be a compensation expert to our partners and leadership team, providing meaningful insights, valuable ideas, and effective execution that help clients achieve business results and drive organizational effectiveness. What's in it for you:
You will be part of a diverse global team driving multiple strategic compensation initiatives linked to S&P Global's values and business strategy. You will implement Reward programs and projects in a complex, global environment, partnering with People Partners, business leaders, other COEs, and external consultants. Responsibilities:
- Lead one or more lines of business, providing overall strategic compensation consultation and support to people partners and business leaders.
- Lead and participate in key initiatives aligned to the People Rewards strategy, optimizing programs, driving efficiencies, and advancing the S&P compensation philosophy. Initiatives may include competitive market analysis, career framework, compensation strategy, program harmonization and alignment, and annual planning.
- Collaborate with people partners or people movement teams and other business leaders in developing compensation solutions and supporting compensation offers for new hires, internal promotions, retention needs, etc.
- Lead and develop a team to ensure understanding of business strategy related to the Reward strategy, to design and deliver solutions for their assigned client groups.
- Keep up with trends and practices, leveraging external market insights and internal analytics to strengthen our Reward offering.
- Monitor federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Lead Reward due diligence requirements for M&A activities.
- Strong communication, influencing, and facilitation skills to actively communicate with all levels of management, colleagues, and external consultants driving business results.
- Proven leadership record, results-oriented, and flexible with the ability to navigate challenging forces in a fast-paced environment undergoing significant change.
- Strong ability to use data to develop insights, make decisions, create innovative solutions, and drive change.
- Experienced at creating and implementing competitive and scalable compensation programs demonstrating insight, business acumen, and a growth mindset.
- Comfortable managing confidential information and in ambiguous situations requiring considerable discretion and judgment.
- Solid project management and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use tools and various data management systems, i.e., advanced Excel, Workday, and Pay Factors. Advanced PowerPoint and Tableau experience preferred.
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. Preferred Qualifications:
- An agile mindset is insight-driven and forward-looking, seeking the best outcome from a people, process, and systems perspective.
- Creative and innovative thinking skills, eager to learn and mentor others.
- 7+ years of Compensation experience.
- Bachelor's degree in an HR or business-related field or equivalent experience.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $122,200 to $235,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here .
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), HUMRES202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
277089 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States